Loading Villanova basketball news...

01 December 2006


'Nova demolishes Stony Brook

posted by Pete @ LetsGoNova.com
12/01/2006 02:12:00 AM
Villanova 72
Stony Brook 44

Villanova (4-1) (0-0) [unr]

I missed the game itself, so my commentary here will be extremely limited. Villanova easily defeated Stony Brook on the road tonight, winning 72 to 44.

The Wildcats jumped out to a quick lead in the first half, outscoring Stony Brook 42-18. It looks as though Jay was very liberal in emptying the bench, as 10 players got double figures in minutes played.

Sumpter led all scorers with 14. No player on the Seawolves scored in double-figures. What is a seawolf anyway? Is it a wolf that lives in the sea? Very strange. Wikipedia says it's a fish, but Stony Brook's logo clearly depicts a wolf.

Mascots, however, were the least of Stony Brook's problems as the 'Cats hustled on the court, forcing 18 turnovers and winning the battle of the boards by a margin of 41-24.

Next up for Villanova will be Penn at the Palestra, Saturday at 7 p.m. That game will air live on CN8.

[update] I just saw that a Stony Brook alley-oop was the number-two top play on Sportscenter tonight. Normally this might be an embarrassing moment for the 'Cats' defense, but the scoreboard at the bottom of the screen revealed that the 'oop advanced Stony Brook's score from 2 to 4, while Villanova had 15.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, December 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you gave player grades on a game you didn't see...CoC I believe.

And didn't watch the game last night...I'll assume you had access to watch the game based on your choice of wording. Barring a family emergency or something....

Why exactly do you bother having this site if you're not even going to watch the games? Just asking...

 
At 3:26 PM, December 01, 2006, Blogger Pete @ LetsGoNova.com said...

It's early in the season and I missed the game against Stony Brook. No worries, we won easily. Although I watch most of the games, sometimes things come up and I'm unable to catch one. So I'll be doing player grades for the games that I'm able to watch. The CoC game was an exception because it was the first NCAA game of the season, so I was just trying out formats.

Also, as the season moves along I am going to be adding some additional writers, so you'll have their take as well.

Thanks for reading.

 
At 11:56 AM, December 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It isn't appropriate to comment on games you haven't seen.

 
At 8:10 PM, December 02, 2006, Blogger Pete @ LetsGoNova.com said...

It is appropriate to comment on a game I haven't seen as long as I state that I haven't seen it.

I just gave a general overview which I think most readers appreciate.

 
At 3:23 PM, December 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Different guy in the second post, just for the record...

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to LetsGoNova.com