Loading Villanova basketball news...

15 November 2006


[ Bracketology ]

posted by Pete @ LetsGoNova.com
11/15/2006 12:20:00 AM
ESPN's Joe Lunardi is at it again with his "bracketology" forecasts. As Joe probably says, it's never too early to fill in a bracket.

Joe has Villanova as a #7 seed, playing #10 Virginia in New Orleans. Personally, I think a #7 seed is a little low for us -- we've lost a lot of talent, yes, but I think we are closer to a #4-5 seed. Winning a string of games and getting ranked will obviously help our causes come March.

Lunardi's number-one seeds are UNC, Florida, Kansas, and UCLA. After earning two number-one seeds last year, the Big East's highest seed in this version of bracketology is #2, earned by Pittsburgh. Lunardi expects eight teams from the conference in the Big Dance: Pitt (2), Georgetown (3), Marquette (5),UConn (6), Louisville (6), Villanova (7), Syracuse (8), and DePaul (10).

Where do you think 'Nova and our Big East friends will be seeded in the tournament? Comment below.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Me said...

Hey Pete,
I'm guessing you're a fellow 'Nova grad...like myself! Great blog so far...I'm excited to follow it.

In any case, my first inclination on this team was a #6 seed. I don't want to make us a 4 quite yet - I figure there are a few BE teams in front of us. We'll have to go up against the likes of Louisville, Marquette, Syracuse, and UConn (not to mention Pitt and G'Town, who I believe are legitimate national title contenders). I think that all of these teams will be dancin' in March, and like last year, much will depend on head-to-head matchups.

I personally felt that our team was slighted at being picked 7th in the BE for the upcoming year - I don't think there's any way we're that low with the likes of DePaul and St. John's. Still, I figure the Big East to have another monster conference this year - I really can't wait for league play again and especially the BE tournament (which I had to miss last year due to Spring Break...haha).

Keep up the great work...the blog looks great!
- Mike

 
At 5:27 AM, November 18, 2006, Blogger Pete @ LetsGoNova.com said...

Thanks for the comment and analysis, Mike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to LetsGoNova.com